Friday, August 31, 2007

Revised Microsoft Machimima Rules Coming "Soon"

It would seem that more and more people in the blog-o-sphere are joining the Microsoft Content Usage Rules coverage, most recently the EFF and the blog for the book Machinima for Dummies. Both of these parties were privvy to a conference call sometime yesterday in which it was revealed that Microsoft is updating the Content Usage Rules (the "Machinima Rules"), and revised rules should be made public "soon." I personally hope that these rules address some, if not all, of the major issues I have pointed out in my coverage of the Machinima Rules. Once the new rules are posted, I will post a revised analysis.

For more information see my previous coverage of the "Machinima Rules":
Microsoft's New Content Usage Rules: A Small Step for Machinima
New Microsoft Machinima Rules Revisited
Microsoft Machinima Rule Podcast
More Details on the Microsoft Machinima Rule

No comments: